Research and Environment Department
The Atlantic Salmon Federation (ASF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation, protection, and restoration of wild Atlantic salmon and the ecosystems on which their well-being and survival depend. ASF is recognized as a world leader in wild Atlantic salmon research and has a dynamic and innovative roster of current projects. We are seeking an Office Manager to assist with the administration and delivery of our exciting programs. The successful candidate will work out of our international headquarters in Chamcook, N.B. The Position -
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assisting with preparation and delivery of research and monitoring projects
- Assisting with the collection, recording, and organization of biological data and associated information for use in data querying and technical reports
- Assisting with proposal writing and financial management
- Organizing meetings and workshops
- Providing technical assistance with research projects
- Maintaining inventory, ordering equipment, and general office administration.
English is essential. French language skills are considered an asset.
The ideal candidate possesses a good working knowledge of research and analytical activities and is adept at solving problems. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, along with well-developed computer skills including MS Office, computerized file organization and archiving. A valid drivers license is required. Education and Experience
- These skills would generally be attained with graduation from a related University or Community College program, supplemented by experience in a research environment. Demonstrated experience working in a highly dynamic, flexible, team-based setting is highly valuable. Excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities are a must.Application
- If you have the background and desire to become part of a cutting-edge research team, please forward a cover letter, resume, and references via regular mail or email to:Office Manager Position
Atlantic Salmon Federation
P.O. Box 5200
St. Andrews, NB E5B 3S8 email@example.com ASF offers a competitive salary and benefits package.Closing Date – Application must be submitted no later than November 10, 2017