Grants and Office Administrator Position
Grants and Office Administrator (GOA)
Atlantic Salmon Federation, Brunswick, Maine Office
: 20-30 Hours Per Week; Flexible Schedule
Final Date for Applications: When position is filled
Successful person reports to: ASF Executive Director, US Operations
Organization: The Atlantic Salmon Federation (ASF) is a 70-year-old, 501(c) 3 non-profit organization, that works to restore and protect wild Atlantic salmon and their ecosystems. ASF is headquartered in St. Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada, where most banking, accounting, corporate administration, and membership activities take place. The US office is in Brunswick, Maine and has a staff of four.
The Brunswick office works on policy, advocacy, and on-the-ground river restoration projects through the Maine Headwaters Project (MHP). The majority of the MHP is funded through private and public grants. The GOA position works closely with the MHP manager and is responsible for assembling, submitting, tracking, invoicing, periodic reporting, and closeout of project grants related to the MHP. The position is also responsible for office administration tasks needed to help keep the office running efficiently and assisting with logistics for fundraising events in Maine. Occasional evening/weekend work may be required.
- Maintains database of existing and upcoming grants. Reviews grant RFP’s, identifies required elements, establishes deadlines, ensures grant or sections assigned to appropriate staff, and assembles and submits grant proposals.
- Responsible for project related invoicing and deposits via ASF’s accounting system software.
- Assists with paperwork/contracts for awarded grants, ensure hours are tracked, submit periodic and final financial reports as required.
- Tracks budgets with MHP manager for projects and processes budget amendments or extensions.
- Interacts with ASF departments in Canada including executive, administrative, and accounting to ensure accurate and timely information flow, bill paying, and general needs.
- Processes and submits invoices for payment to ASF headquarters, requests reimbursement for work completed, and ensure transfer into appropriate project accounts.
- Keeps office running efficiently by maintaining office supplies, assisting with general phone/e-mail inquiries, manage basic leases, occasionally helping headquarters mail ASF merchandise.
- Work with volunteers and ASF staff to plan and coordinate annual fundraising event(s).
- Ability to work independently, and also able to work well as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including Excel.
- General basic accounting experience. Familiarity with Blackbaud FE would be considered an asset.
- Grant administration experience.
- Interest in fisheries and/or river conservation and restoration.
Applications for the GOA position will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please send a resume and cover letter to John Burrows, ASF’s Executive Director for US Operations, at email@example.com for consideration.