The Atlantic Salmon Federation is seeking an Executive Assistant, Operations. This position reports to and assists the Chief Operating Officer.
Come join a dynamic and exciting work environment, and help to conserve and restore wild Atlantic salmon!
Competitive salary and benefits package, including RRSP. Deadline to apply: December 29th, 2021
An administrative position reporting to and providing support to the Chief Operating Officer. Performs various organizing, administrative and clerical tasks, managing the office needs of the COO, and assisting with ASF’s general administrative activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Helps ensure active and clear communications across the Operations Team, to other ASF departments and to a wide variety of external organizations and contacts
- Often first point of contact with external clients
- Establishes and maintains effective and efficient electronic and hard copy file system
- Email tracking and support to COO
- Scheduling and making arrangements for meetings, prepare daily agenda and background materials
- Answering and directing phone calls, inquiries, and messages
- Calendar tracking
- Follow ups with Operations staff on information requirements
- Making travel arrangements and receipt reconciliations
- Drafting and editing letters, correspondence, and other documents
- Other administrative duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and able to exercise tact and discretion regarding confidential and sensitive materials
- Knowledge of office management procedures
- Ability to track multiple concurrent tasks and requirements
- Highly developed time management skills with the ability to problem solve and prioritize
- Attention to detail
- Use of workplace technology
- Occasional travel may be required
- Bilingualism (English and French) will be considered an asset
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The above would normally be acquired through the completion of a post-secondary Office Administration program coupled with previous experience in a similar position. An equivalent combination of education, background and experience will also be considered.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Robert Otto, Chief Operating Officer, email@example.com by 29 December 2021.
ASF thanks all applicants for their interest. Receipt of application will be acknowledged; however, please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted following the application period.
The position is full-time and based at ASF Headquarters in Chamcook, N.B.
The Atlantic Salmon Federation (ASF) is an international conservation organization founded in 1948 to conserve and restore wild Atlantic salmon and their ecosystems. ASF is headquartered in St. Andrews, NB, Canada and maintains offices in Brunswick Maine, Quebec, and Atlantic Canada. Through ASF’s membership and affiliated volunteer network, the organization represents more than 25,000 individuals who share ASF’s commitment to wild rivers and wild salmon.